Yes, here it is, part 1 of CP medical uses

From: Sam Vanderstraeten (samvds@hotmail.com)
Date: Thu Feb 18 1999 - 01:25:36 PST

Date: Thu, 18 Feb 1999 01:25:36 PST
From: "Sam Vanderstraeten" <samvds@hotmail.com>
To: cp@opus.hpl.hp.com
Subject: Yes, here it is, part 1 of CP medical uses

Dear all,

today I received this message:

>The listserv rejects postings larger than 300 lines. Yours was
>351. Please edit and resend if you like.
>
>Best regards,
>--
>Rick Walker

So, here it is, the first part of Medical uses of CP...

  Here it is: PART I

 The following is presented as informational only. No information in
 these
 articles should be taken as a recommendation. If you have any
questions
 about
 the relationship between Venus Flytrap - Carnivora and your health,
seek
 the
 advice of a qualified health professional.

 I have tried the Venus Fly Trap Herbal Extract and it has been potent
 and
 effective for me. It costs about the same as other herbal extracts but
 this
 one really works. I would advise anyone trying this to start with only
 ten
 drops in a "0" size gelatin capsule 3x a day for a week and work your
 way up
 from there. The plants used in the extract are organically greenhouse
 cultivated in South Carolina according to the supplier. I was curious
 about the
 plumbagin component of the active ingredientin VFT, Andreas Prilop
 (april@macb033.rrzn.uni-hannover.de) provided the following:

 "Plumbagin" is not a specific German term but a trivial name used in
 both
 English and German.

 Plumbagin
 5-Hydroxy-2-methyl-1,4-naphthoquinone
 1,4-Dihydro-5-hydroxy-2-methylnaphthalene-1,4-dione
 5-Hydroxy-2-methyl-1,4-naphthalenedione
 C11-H8-O3
 [481-42-5]

 Ref.: CAS Registry Handbook. Common Names

  - M.D.

 The following was recieved from RBF1000@aol.com
 Wed, Jan 4, 1995 10:43 PM PST

 Venus' Flytrap Cancer and AIDS
  Fighter of the Future?
 A German doctor achieves promising results with this carnivorous plant

 Following the removal of malignant polyps from his colon, President
 Ronald
 Reagan sent to Nordhalben, Germany, for an herbal extract to take as a
 preventive against the cancer's spread Thereafter, he drank 30 drops
of
 this extract, Carnivora, in a glass of purified water or herb tea four
 times
 a day. According to records kept by the extracts German manufacturer,
 the former U.S. president still buys these drops today.

 Carnivora is derived from the plant Venus' Flytrap (Dionaea muscipula).
 This is a standardized solution used in the treatment of chronic
 diseases,
 including most forms of cancer, ulcerative col-itis, multiple
sclerosis,
 all
 types of herpes infections, chronic arthritis, and almost any immune
 deficiency state, including AIDS. In cases of cancer, Carnivora works
 therapeutically to shrink solid tumors, according to its proponents,
but
 does not help with blood abnormalities such as leukemia. Also, it
works
 best if the patient has not previously undergone chemotherapy or
 radiation
 therapy. Carnivora's proponents also claim that in other clinical
 applications, it has been effective in boosting immune function and
 eliminating the human immunodeficiency virus (HIV) from the blood.

 Carnivora can be administered as drops for use orally or by inhalation,
 or
 it can be given by injection. Laboratory studies indicate that purified
 Carnivora is safe, and its new drug application is pending approval by
 the
 German Food and Drug Adrninistration. It is readily available for
 application
 to patients by physicians in Germany and other European countries
 Carnivora
 remains unapproved by the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA),
 however,
 and cannot be imported or used legally except by people suffering from
 life-
 threatening illnesses such as cancer and AIDS.

 The discoverer of Carnivora is a researcher and oncologist, Helmut
 Keller,
 M.D., who first studied the Venus' Flytrap at Boston University in
1980.
 He
 moved to Germany a year later to find more freedom for his Carnivora
 research. I visited Dr. Keller at his clinic in Bad Steben,~
Germany,
 in
 June 1991, and I was given access to his files. I have also
interviewed
 about 50 of his patients. One was 65-year-old Betty Williams of Ames,
 Iowa. Diagnosed with inflammatory breast disease, the most lethal form
 of breast cancer, she sought treatment from Dr. Keller.

 Mrs. Williams's case study reveals that the skin of her right breast
was
 at
 first red, swollen, warrm, indurated, and painful. All of the symptoms
 resembled an infection, but diagnosis by biopsy-revealed that it was
 inflammatory carcinoma. Death was likely to occur in a matter of weeks,
 and the doctors had no hope for her survival. By the time three
American
 oncologists separately confirmed the diagnosis and prognosis, her
breast
 was turning black.

*** End of part 1 ***