Re: CP Conference Planning (Not a date vote)

From: Paul Temple (Paultemple@ecologycal.demon.co.uk)
Date: Sat Feb 20 1999 - 11:58:00 PST

Date: Sat, 20 Feb 1999 19:58:00 +0000
From: Paul Temple <Paultemple@ecologycal.demon.co.uk>
To: cp@opus.hpl.hp.com
Subject: Re: CP Conference Planning (Not a date vote)

Much as I appreciate the effort that goes into planning the Conference,
I thought the vote on a preferred date based on known attendance missed
one major point.

If I'm not mistaken, the academic profesionals will probably get the
trip paid for by their institutions (or will I now receive a hail of
hate mail!!!). The rest of us have no such chance of an expense claim.
Bearing this in mind, June flights are usually considerably more
expensive than May flights, a serious issue when flying at one's own
expense from Europe (and if paying $60-90 per night once there!!!). To
pay more and then not see the local wild plants at their best - hmmm!!!.

Just a comment.

Paul