N. merrilliana

From: Nicholas Plummer (nplummer@duke.edu)
Date: Sun Feb 21 1999 - 13:34:10 PST

Date: Sun, 21 Feb 1999 16:34:10 -0500
From: Nicholas Plummer <nplummer@duke.edu>
To: cp@opus.hpl.hp.com
Subject: N. merrilliana

Mark Pogany wrote:
>Since I live in the US I had to obtain my supply of laterite through a
>specialty aquatic plant grower. I know from recent personal experience >the company Dupla no longer has a US distributor, being a major
>supplier of laterite in the past. You may have to do a little hunting
>to obtain it.

This surprises me. The Winter 1999 Pet Warehouse catalog lists both
forms of Dupla laterite as well as the Dupla mineral supplements. The
Pet Warehouse website is http://www.ptwhse.com/

However, the Dupla stuff is quite expensive and may be overkill for CP
applications. There are cheaper brands, and in some parts of the
country you may be able to harvest your own iron-rich red clay, which is
what laterite is AFAIK. One might also try a dilute sol'n of chelated
iron for plants that come from laterite soil.

Nick

Nicholas Plummer
nplummer@duke.edu
http://www.duke.edu/~nplummer/