RE: Peat/Sand

From: Brewer Charles E PHDN (brewerce@nswcphdn.navy.mil)
Date: Wed Feb 24 1999 - 07:01:56 PST

Date: Wed, 24 Feb 1999 10:01:56 -0500
From: Brewer Charles E PHDN <brewerce@nswcphdn.navy.mil>
To: cp@opus.hpl.hp.com
Subject: RE: Peat/Sand

 As far as sand goes, try your local pool company. Most of the sand they
sell for pool filters is semi course Silica Sand. If this sand is silica,
use a mask when dumping it out of the bag or better yet, wet it down to keep
the dust from getting into your lungs. Another place to look for sand(silica
sand) is your local sand blasting company. They sell different grades of
sand for about $6.00 per 100 pound bags. Hope this helps. Charles Brewer,
Va. Beach, Va.