RE: Peat/Sand

From: Semanchuk, Phil J (pjs20347@glaxowellcome.com)
Date: Wed Feb 24 1999 - 10:25:07 PST

Date: Wed, 24 Feb 1999 13:25:07 -0500
From: "Semanchuk, Phil J" <pjs20347@glaxowellcome.com>
To: cp@opus.hpl.hp.com
Subject: RE: Peat/Sand

> I tried to figure out the best sand to use in the
> recommended 50/peat 50/sand mix, and experimented in
> the different containers.

I use sandblasting sand that I buy in 50 pound bags at Home Depot. I prefer
it to the stuff that comes in bags marked "Play Sand" because the
sandblasting sand is much finer (smaller grained) and that seems closer to
the sand I've seen in the field. Definitely wear a mask, this stuff is
dusty.

> I've still no clue which one is the "sharp" sand all
> the faqs refer to.

Can't help you with that.

Good growing,
Philip