Re: To anyone who has D.indica in flower: question

From: Andreas Wistuba (andreas@wistuba.com)
Date: Fri Mar 05 1999 - 12:52:47 PST

Date: Fri, 5 Mar 1999 21:52:47 +0100
From: "Andreas Wistuba" <andreas@wistuba.com>
To: cp@opus.hpl.hp.com
Subject: Re: To anyone who has D.indica in flower: question

Hi Fernando (and other Drosera-taxonomists),

I just scanned you a slide of D. indica I took in irian jaya. The
flower has 3 styles devided at their base. I hope that saves Drosera-
taxonomy;-)

You (and other Drosera-enthusiasts) can have a look at the flower at:

http://www.wistuba.com/d_indica_irian_jaya_flower_for_fernando.htm

:-)

Bye

Andreas

On 5 Mar 99, at 11:56, Fernando Rivadavia Lopes wrote:

> To all,
>

> I have noticed in Allen Lowrie's recently published volume 3 that
> his drawings of D.indica flowers show five styles, istead of three divided
> at the base as was previously believed. This may seem trivial to most of
> you, but it is a fundamental taxonomic and phylogenetic question.
>
> So I would like to ask any and all of you out there who are
> cultivating D.indica forms to PLEASE check the flowers on your plants when
> these open, or even old pictures you may have of D.indica flowers.
>
> Please tell me if you see five styles with no divisions, or if you
> see three styles divided at the base (looking like six). I would really
> appreciate the help!!!
>

> Best Wishes,
>
> Fernando Rivadavia
> Sao Paulo, Brazil

Andreas Wistuba; Mudauer Ring 227; 68259 Mannheim; Germany
Phone: +49-621-705471
Fax: +49-621-7152028

E-Mail: andreas@wistuba.com