Re: Nepenthes culture question

From: ricell@juno.com
Date: Tue Mar 09 1999 - 16:17:18 PST

Date: Tue, 9 Mar 1999 17:17:18 -0700
From: ricell@juno.com
To: cp@opus.hpl.hp.com
Subject: Re: Nepenthes culture question

"Nita Stull" <nstull@pcninc.com> writes:
>..... I've checked the soil and discovered
>these wormy looking things. About 1 to 2 cm long, wiggling about.
>A local nursury suggested that they're gnat larvae, but I don't
>think so. Nematodes? They're not on the surface, but within the
>soil.

If they are 1-2 cm long they certainly aren't gnat larvae. There are a
lot of things they could be, many of which are in the nematode family
(order?). I have had problems in the past with small worms that seem to
like to eat CP roots which I believe have come from my peat moss. If
anyone knows how to eliminate these things I love to hear about it as
well.

Rich Ellis, Boulder, CO "ricell@juno.com"
http://www.geocities.com/RainForest/Vines/8564/