Stratification

From: Charles Redding (reddingch@hotmail.com)
Date: Sun Mar 14 1999 - 17:28:17 PST

Date: Sun, 14 Mar 1999 17:28:17 PST
From: "Charles Redding" <reddingch@hotmail.com>
To: cp@opus.hpl.hp.com
Subject: Stratification

Hello everyone!
I will soon be getting about 150-180 sarracenia purpurea seeds and they
will need stratification. The person I am getting them from has told me
that I might try a quick stratification technique He said to put the
seeds in Ice trays and freeze them for 36 hours. They let them thaw and
put on seed starting media. Has anyone tried this? what are your
results?
Also what would be the best way to stratify a large number of these
seeds and what is the smallest amount of time they need to be subjected
to cold?
I would appriciate any and all help/suggestions
Thanks
Charles Redding
Florida