Re: Heliamphora problem

From: Andrew Bate (andrew@astilla.demon.co.uk)
Date: Tue Mar 16 1999 - 03:32:43 PST

Date: Tue, 16 Mar 1999 11:32:43 GMT
From: andrew@astilla.demon.co.uk (Andrew Bate)
To: cp@opus.hpl.hp.com
Subject: Re: Heliamphora problem

On Mon, 15 Mar 1999 17:01:23 -0800, "Michael Hunt"
<mph101@surfree.com> wrote:

Michael,

>Heliamphora do not like to be transplanted and they take awhile to
recover, >they are also suspect to disease in this state. Your
temps seem desireable >during the pm and maybe just a tad low for
the days. Humidity is ok, higher >is hard to get but better. It
just sounds like transplant shock, and >hopefully the crowns will
regain pushing new leaves out.

Thanks for the feedback. I think it must be transplant shock as my
original H. Heterodoxa x Ionasii was doing really well in the
garage terrarium until I brought it into the house to split it and
put it in the new terrarium. I also had a couple of small H.Nutans
sent to me in the post and these are exhibiting the same problem.
The only plant which hasn't really been affected that much is one
that has remained in its original pot.

I think the conditions are right so I will wait and see what
happens.

Thanks again,

Andrew -- Andrew Bate | Email: andrew@astilla.demon.co.uk Worcester, UK