Re: Lowrie "CP OF AUSTRALIA / amazon

From: ricell@juno.com
Date: Thu Mar 18 1999 - 21:24:43 PST

Date: Thu, 18 Mar 1999 22:24:43 -0700
From: ricell@juno.com
To: cp@opus.hpl.hp.com
Subject: Re: Lowrie "CP OF AUSTRALIA / amazon

On Thu, 18 Mar 1999 "Mellard, David" <dam7@cdc.gov> writes:
>oops, I just got burned but can send the book back if there's truly a
>better deal. Once again, how does one order the book at a cheaper
price.

I recently ordered a number of copies, for folks in our local CP group,
directly from the publisher. I ordered 5 books and the cost per book
came to about $40 US when postage is added in. Unfortunately, I think
the cost would be similar to what Amazon.com charges if you only ordered
one book. Similar story if you order directly from Allen Lowrie.

For anyone interested, I communicated with Barbara Peters
<bp@cyllene.uwa.edu.au>, who was very helpful, at University of Western
Australia Press. They have a web page at:
http://www.uwa.edu.au/cyllene/uwap/

Rich Ellis, Boulder, CO "ricell@juno.com"
http://www.geocities.com/RainForest/Vines/8564/