Building Greenhouse, need suggestions.

From: Joby Evans (jobye@ix.netcom.com)
Date: Sat Mar 27 1999 - 19:01:43 PST

Date: Sat, 27 Mar 1999 22:01:43 -0500
From: Joby Evans <jobye@ix.netcom.com>
To: cp@opus.hpl.hp.com
Subject: Building Greenhouse, need suggestions.

Hi all

I am finally building a greenhouse after growing neps
in tanks for the last 10-15 years. I need your
suggestions, please. It will be 12 ft X12 ft with 71/2
ft sides and about 10 ft center section. I also have
plans to double it when it gets too small (I'm guessing
about a week after it is finished). I live in
Atlanta. Summers are hot 90F to 95F. The site is not
ideal so I will have to experiment with how much light
is where.

I grow lowland stuff right now and I would like to
start growing highland species. I am thinking of
dividing it off so I can do that in maybe half of it.
What has been successful in cooling during the heat of
Summer? What is the best CHEAP way for humidity? (No I
cannot stand in there with a water hose all day :} )

Also should I worry about supplemental lighting?

Thanks
Joby