CPs & Computer Games

From: Jason Ashley (jasona@warwick.net)
Date: Sat Mar 27 1999 - 21:40:34 PST

Date: Sun, 28 Mar 1999 00:40:34 -0500
From: "Jason Ashley" <jasona@warwick.net>
To: cp@opus.hpl.hp.com
Subject: CPs & Computer Games

Hi all!

Last month 3DO came out with "Heroes of Might and Magic III", the latest in
one of the most successful computer game series in history. This strategy
game has ruined more marriages, jobs, and social lives than any other in
history. "Heroes 3" (as it's affectionately called), also marks the second
game in which a carnivorous plant is a featured attraction. One of the goals
of the game is to find and bring back to one of your castles a hidden prize.
Once brought to a castle it will create a great monument that grants all
sorts of riches and advantages to your side. The monument differs in each of
the 7 castle types. If you bring back the prize to a Fortress castle you
receive (of all things) a carnivorous plant!! The plant has leaves like a
ping and a giant flower like a utric however it has tentacles too which I'm
imagining to be like nepenthes tendrils. It's really quite pretty and
certainly a step-up from the only other appearance of CPs in computer games
(to my knowledge) which are the pukka flowers in the Mario series.

I find it quite fitting that a CP would be an "ultimate prize". Maybe it
will spark the CP fever in some new converts!

Many thanks,

Jason Ashley
Warwick, NY

Peace, love, empathy,