Re: Hydroponics and cp?

From: Andreas Krassnigg (andreas.krassnigg@uibk.ac.at)
Date: Tue Mar 30 1999 - 01:09:05 PST

Date: Tue, 30 Mar 1999 10:09:05 +0100
From: "Andreas Krassnigg" <andreas.krassnigg@uibk.ac.at>
To: cp@opus.hpl.hp.com
Subject: Re: Hydroponics and cp?

hello list, hi Jens,

AFAIK nearly every cp grower has his own receipt for the soil he's
using......
and there are voices who say that it is against nature to grow plants in
clay pebbles.

I have to admit that i just started to grow cp's (2 nepenthes "x noname") 6
months ago,
but i'm cultivating plants in hydroculture for more than 15 years now.
At the time i bought those 2 neps, i didn't know anything about the genus
and so i just washed away the whole soil from the roots carefully to
place the plants in clay pebbles as usual.
Nowadays that i'm enthusiastic and know a little more about these plants,
i would think twice about
growing them in clay pebbles, but sure i would do it again. Why?
Both of my neps seem to like it!
The leaves are dark green, one bigger than the other;
Pitchers started to grow about 3-4 months after repotting, now producing
one every 6 weeks.
Maybe you would like to know about the other growing conditions:
* artificial plant light, 14 hours "daytime"
* RH: 60 - 70%
* Temp.: 20 - 25 \260C
* Water: deionized
If you would like to know more, feel free to mail me directly.
kind regards

Andi