Re: Insecticides

From: Edwin Spector (ems@lucent.com)
Date: Wed Mar 31 1999 - 06:38:58 PST

Date: Wed, 31 Mar 1999 15:38:58 +0100
From: Edwin Spector <ems@lucent.com>
To: cp@opus.hpl.hp.com
Subject: Re: Insecticides

NigelH said:
<<
You can manufacture quite a potent insecticide by steeping cigarette
butts in water. Note that this is illegal within the European
Union, where you are not allowed to 'manufacture' insecticides using
ingredients not intended for the purpose.

I thought it was the other way around - isn't it just illegal to use
insecticides (and other chemicals) for anything other than their
intended purpose. Many carry the wording " For use only as insecticide"
or whatever. I don't know of any laws controlling use of legal home-brew
concoctions.

Edwin Spector
Bath, UK.