Ross' autoreply

From: Semanchuk, Phil J (pjs20347@glaxowellcome.com)
Date: Wed Mar 31 1999 - 10:09:01 PST

Date: Wed, 31 Mar 1999 13:09:01 -0500
From: "Semanchuk, Phil J" <pjs20347@glaxowellcome.com>
To: cp@opus.hpl.hp.com
Subject: Ross' autoreply

Ross' isn't spamming us intentionally. Every time someone posts a message to
the listserv (like this one), the listserv passes it to Ross (who isn't
subscribed to DIGEST mode). Since he's out of the office, his email system
responds with an "out of office" autoreply. Complaining about this on the
list only generates more emails, so please don't.

I tried to find Kate Dixon through Yahoo's people finder but had no luck.
One solution is for the list admin to change the list to reject all emails
from Ross' address, which I'm sure he'll do as soon as he realizes there's a
problem. We should probably just stop sending emails to the listserv until
we get a message from the admin that the problem has been resolved.

Philip
URL du Jour: http://www.tvfa.org/turnoff.html