Re: Insecticides

From: Ross Rowe (ross.rowe@ea.gov.au)
Date: Wed Mar 31 1999 - 10:29:44 PST

Date: Thu, 01 Apr 1999 04:29:44 +1000
From: "Ross Rowe" <ross.rowe@ea.gov.au>
To: cp@opus.hpl.hp.com
Subject: Re: Insecticides

I am out of the office until Monday 12 April 1999. Please contact
Kate Dixon on 02 6274 2746 for matters requiring attention in this
time frame.

Regards Ross Rowe

>>> cp 04/01/99 04:27 >>>

I am out of the office until Monday 12 April 1999. Please contact
Kate Dixon on 02 6274 2746 for matters requiring attention in this
time frame.

Regards Ross Rowe

>>> cp 04/01/99 02:34 >>>

NigelH said: << You can manufacture quite a potent insecticide by
steeping cigarette butts in water. Note that this is illegal within
the European Union, where you are not allowed to 'manufacture'
insecticides using ingredients not intended for the purpose. >> I
thought it was the other way around - isn't it just illegal to use
insecticides (and other chemicals) for anything other than their
intended purpose. Many carry the wording " For use only as
insecticide" or whatever. I don't know of any laws controlling use
of legal home-brew concoctions.

Edwin Spector Bath, UK.