RE: red VFT's all look alike

From: Ross Rowe (ross.rowe@ea.gov.au)
Date: Wed Mar 31 1999 - 11:20:56 PST

Date: Thu, 01 Apr 1999 05:20:56 +1000
From: "Ross Rowe" <ross.rowe@ea.gov.au>
To: cp@opus.hpl.hp.com
Subject: RE: red VFT's all look alike

I am out of the office until Monday 12 April 1999. Please contact
Kate Dixon on 02 6274 2746 for matters requiring attention in this
time frame.

Regards Ross Rowe

>>> cp 04/01/99 05:19 >>>

I am out of the office until Monday 12 April 1999. Please contact
Kate Dixon on 02 6274 2746 for matters requiring attention in this
time frame.

Regards Ross Rowe

>>> cp 04/01/99 03:36 >>>

I am out of the office until Monday 12 April 1999. Please contact
Kate Dixon on 02 6274 2746 for matters requiring attention in this
time frame.

Regards Ross Rowe

>>> cp 04/01/99 01:46 >>>

Hi Folks, Regarding the difference between Red VFTs, I grow 6
 different clones of them ( Royal Red, Red Dragon, Clayton's Red
 Sunset, Clayton's Volcanic Red, Green Dragon and Big Red). All
 plants are grown under identical conditions: soil type, water
 source, sun exposure, pot size and winter dormancy. I can truly
 say there are some subtle differences in each. Mostly the
 difference lies in their colors. The Royal Red and Green Dragon
 display more green then the Red Dragon does, but by far the Red
 Dragon is more of an aggressive grower then the other Red VFTs.
 Clayton's Red Sunset and Volcanic Red are nice plants, but look
 similar to the Royal Red, but displays less green then the Royal
 Red. Big Red has an entirely different look then all the other red
 VFTs do. The color is similar to the Red Dragon except not as
 dark. It's petioles are long and slender measuring up to 12 inches
 across from trap to trap. This information is based on adult size
 plants, not juvenile. All Red VFTs seem to go through different
 stages of color when growing from seedlings to adult plants. My 2
 cents worth. Charles Brewer Va. Beach, Va.