fungus -vs- Sarra seeds

From: Christensen (chrst@srv.net)
Date: Mon Apr 05 1999 - 11:27:41 PDT

Date: Mon, 5 Apr 1999 12:27:41 -0600
From: "Christensen" <chrst@srv.net>
To: cp@opus.hpl.hp.com
Subject: fungus -vs- Sarra seeds

The war started in my terrarium.

I planted two kinds of S. purpurea ssp. purpurea.
The fungus is attacking one of the kinds.
So far, I see it on two seeds.

Before I planted the seeds, they were soaked in a
Giberellic-Systemic Fungicide-Distilled Water
solution in the refrigerator. After I saw the fungus,
I added some Systemic Fungicide to their water tray-
prediluted.

Would a little bit of dish soap help, too?

The soap would work as a surfactant and help to
kill more fungus, but would it harm the seeds by
smothering them- rot? Would it harm the seedlings
by causing problems for their tender young roots?

Chad