re: Humidity & Stuff

From: Jason Ashley (jasona@warwick.net)
Date: Thu Apr 08 1999 - 22:06:53 PDT

Date: Fri, 9 Apr 1999 01:06:53 -0400
From: "Jason Ashley" <jasona@warwick.net>
To: cp@opus.hpl.hp.com
Subject: re: Humidity & Stuff

Stuart,

I use a self-contained ultrasonic fogger meant for household use. Given the
U.K.'s usually sodden condition I imagine they're not terribly popular but I
can't imagine not being able to hie on over to Marks & Sparks and grab one
off the shelf. My unit is a Tatung, holds 1 gallon of water in a
self-contained reservoir and I can adjust the humidity and the intensity of
the mist. It works wonders when the humidity is low in winter (I have
forced-air heat). Look in small appliance stores, they aren't expensive and
when the water gets too low they shut themsevles off. Mine is quite small,
no more than 6"w, 10"h, 12" long so it should fit in your mini-greenhouse
without trouble. Look on the web for portable humidifiers and if worse comes
to worse there's always Harrod's......

Best of luck!

Jason Ashley
Warwick, NY