Humidty

From: JWi5770869@aol.com
Date: Sat Apr 10 1999 - 03:08:27 PDT

Date: Sat, 10 Apr 1999 06:08:27 EDT
From: JWi5770869@aol.com
To: cp@opus.hpl.hp.com
Subject: Humidty

Dear all,

you wrote:

>4. paper towels taped to the inside of the terrarium.
Refilling with water is less frequent. Eventually some
water is lost because of taking off the cover.
Maintenance is not expensive and is simple. The puddle
caused by condensation isn't a problem anymore.
Now, the puddle is neccessary.

Wow! I never thought of doing that, but won't there be a few problems namely:
1) How do you get the paper towel to stick,using sticky tape, if its damp?
2) Won't the paper towel get algae / slime or do you replace on a regular
basis?

Please let me know how you get around these problems and I'll give it a go.

As far as ultrasonic foggers go, I saw a very small fogging device (no bigger
than a 10 pence piece or a US $ quarter) that was in a herpatarium
containing arrow poison frogs,in the Blue World Aquarium in Cheshire UK. Are
these the sort of things that were being referered to and if so does anybody
have any idea where to get them in the UK?

All the best,
John Wilden
Southport
Lancs