Indoor Growing Chamber Suggestions Please!

From: Sundew Sundew (sundew@hotmail.com)
Date: Mon Apr 12 1999 - 18:06:07 PDT

Date: Mon, 12 Apr 1999 18:06:07 PDT
From: "Sundew Sundew" <sundew@hotmail.com>
To: cp@opus.hpl.hp.com
Subject: Indoor Growing Chamber Suggestions Please!

Hi list,

I need some help... For years, Ive been growing CP in 10 gallon tanks
under fluorescent lights on windowsills. I've finally been tempted
to grow lowland Nepenthes again, only this time I want to do it right
and offer them suitable vertical growing space. SO, I'd like to
build a growing chamber in my living room which could accomidate
these Nepenthes as well as smaller CP (Drosera, Pings and others). It
would have to look nice and obviously not leak :) Ideally, this
unit will be approximately 4'wide x2'x2', with 6-8 fluorescent tubes
on top and placed on an east-facing windowsill. Id like to hear from
others who might have suggestions / plans for such a project.

First of all, would 2 feet away from these lights be too far? Also,
trying to figure out the best way to bring smaller Drosera closer to
the lights - wondering if the space below them could be used for
utrics or other more shade tolerant plants. Also been thinking about
drainage as well as ventilation...

Feedback much appreciated, ASAP please! Hope to start building on
Wednesday...

Thanks in advance...
Matt