Welcome Jennifer Baranski

From: Jay Lechtman (JayL@nexus-sap.com)
Date: Tue Apr 13 1999 - 09:01:02 PDT

Date: Tue, 13 Apr 1999 12:01:02 -0400
From: "Jay Lechtman" <JayL@nexus-sap.com>
To: cp@opus.hpl.hp.com
Subject: Welcome Jennifer Baranski

Jennifer,

Welcome to the Carnivorous Plant Listserve! As far as I can tell,
Sarracenia minor doesn't grow up as far as you naturally. If the
plant you have in indeed endemic to Michigan, I'm guessing it is
Sarracenia purpurea purpurea (the Northern Purple Pitcher Plant).
Sarracenia minor (the Hooded Pitcher Plant) grows from south/central
Florida along the Atlantic Coast to southern North Carolina.
Regardless, I hope the plant does well for you, and if we can help
ensure that fact, you have but to ask ...

Jay Lechtman, Ashburn, VA, USA jay.lechtman@ingenix.com

>As far as I can tell, my plant is of the genus Sarracenia Minor and
is >indigineous to Michigan.