_Nepenthes bicalcarata_

From: Steven Stewart (steven.stewart@worldnet.att.net)
Date: Mon Apr 26 1999 - 06:08:42 PDT

Date: Mon, 26 Apr 1999 09:08:42 -0400
From: Steven Stewart <steven.stewart@worldnet.att.net>
To: cp@opus.hpl.hp.com
Subject: _Nepenthes bicalcarata_

> Topic No. 3
>
> Date: Sat, 24 Apr 1999 21:37:18 -0500
> From: "William M. Gorum, Jr." <wgorum@softdisk.com>
> To: CP List <cp@opus.hpl.hp.com>
> Subject: terrarium question/_N. bicalcurata_
>
> Also, I bought a _N. bicalcurata_ from Steven Stewart. The plant he
> sent me was in wonderful condition upon arrival! It is growing like a
> weed! It has produced 4 new leaves in the few weeks that I've had it,
> and it is pitchering like crazy (i.e. each new leaf it has produced has
> a pitcher on the end of it)! I would not hesitate to buy from him
> again! I am extremely pleased with the plant.
>
> TTYL,
> Will
> wgorum@softdisk.com
>
> ------------------------------
>
> Topic No. 4
>
> Date: Sun, 25 Apr 1999 00:16:36 -0600
> From: shafer@sammy.Colorado.EDU
> To: cp@opus.hpl.hp.com
> Subject: Re: terrarium question/_N. bicalcurata_
>
> Hi William,
>
> I would not, in general, recommend growing highland and lowland
> Nepenthes in the same terrarium. They need different temperature
> ranges; failure to provide this will usually yield mediocre results
> at best.
>
> Regards,
> Jeff Shafer
Hello, Steven Stewart here,
Thank you for the compliment and I'm glad to hear your _N. bical._ is
doing well. I agree with Jeff, if your N. bical. is doing well, I would
stay with warmth loving species. None of the N.bical. plants I have do
well when allowed to get cool, below 60F., some do worse than others.
Take Care,
Steven Stewart
I.B.W. Enterprises, Inc.
Sanford, FL