Re: U. calycifida, epiphyte or terrestrial?

From: Adao Pereira (miguelporto@mail.telepac.pt)
Date: Wed Apr 28 1999 - 15:42:21 PDT

Date: Wed, 28 Apr 1999 23:42:21 +0100
From: "Adao Pereira" <miguelporto@mail.telepac.pt>
To: cp@opus.hpl.hp.com
Subject: Re: U. calycifida, epiphyte or terrestrial?

Hello,

> I was curious about the difference as well. From my experience
> with this plant, it doesn't matter! I've grown it in containers with my
> neps and it flowered, I've grown it in 1:1 peat sand mixture sitting in
> about 1/2 inch of water, and it flowered. Both produced 'leaves' that
> were heavily veined, however the ones grown as epiphytes produced ones
> that were several times larger.

Chris, I have the same problem as John, the leaves are very small and it
grows veeeryyyy slooowwlyyy...
I've tried in different places, both with a very high humidity; and
nothing. It doesn't grow and doesn't flower.
I've got my plant for one year now and it's the same size, if not smaller!
I also grew it with Neps and I grew in wet soil, too... nothing.
So, the problem is not humidity. I think it's not light, too. I don't know
what it could be.

Good growing,
Miguel