CPN Needs much improvement with handling memberships

From: Michael Hunt (mph101@surfree.com)
Date: Fri May 14 1999 - 08:54:55 PDT

Date: Fri, 14 May 1999 11:54:55 -0400
From: "Michael Hunt" <mph101@surfree.com>
To: cp@opus.hpl.hp.com
Subject: CPN  Needs much improvement with handling memberships

Good Day,
I really didn't want to post this here, because it deals with my dues. But
after thinking , it deserves to be covered by everyone involved with the
ICPS.
I have not been a member of the CPN for a few years. Yet my history with the
ICPS/CPN goes back to the beginning. I sent my dues in on Feb. 13, 1999.
Realizing I wouldn't get the March issue. Yet as of this date the check
hasn't cleared the bank. Maybe it never even was received? I don't know. I
tried to contact a source on May 3rd to find out the status of my
membership. Again I realize its certainly not a top priority, but I have not
received a reply.
While talkng with other members about this matter they all say the
samething, "Oh it takes forever and a day!" While this has always been true.
I never remember it being this bad.
If we as a group are going to be moving in a more recongized worldwide
organzation this situtaion must be improved dramaticlly and should IMO be a
top prority. After all we are talking about the collecting of funds that do
and will operate the soceity. With the other clubs and societies I'm a
member of (and some are slow) none are as bad as it appears to have become
with the ICPS. Most people, business, organzations have no problem
collecting funds. I know I certainly don't :-)
This isn't ment to be a nasty post, no far from it. Its still my
understanding that collection of membership information is done on a
voluntary basis. Its a large work load. I doubt there are people standing in
line for this position. But can't we try and get some idea's going on
rectifying this problem?
I am very impressed with the how the ICPS is utilizing the internet. I did
read that soon we will be able to charge funds to the ICPS via credit cards.
I also am pleased to see the creation of a gift shop and the mouse pad is
awsome with Bill Scholl's photo of the S. flava in the soft burn.
I for one will offer anything I may to help, if it would be of service to
make ICPS operate better.
Sincerely,
Michael Hunt
St. Petersburg Fl