Tropical African Drosera Search

From: Sundew Sundew (sundew@hotmail.com)
Date: Tue May 18 1999 - 05:31:37 PDT

Date: Tue, 18 May 1999 05:31:37 PDT
From: "Sundew Sundew" <sundew@hotmail.com>
To: cp@opus.hpl.hp.com
Subject: Tropical African Drosera Search

Hi friends...

I am determined to acquire living plant material of Drosera elongata,
humbertii, katangensis, bequaertii, the true affinis and other possibly new
Drosera from tropical Africa. These plants do not appear to be in
cultivation yet and definitely deserve to be. Could someone please email me
to let me know which African countries each lives?

PLEASE, before I attempt the impossible, if anyone knows that any of these
species is or could be in cultivation somewhere, please let me know. Your
secret is safe with me! I'd also like to know about any past attempts to
collect plants, as well as site information. Or, if anyone has a friend in
Africa, preferably a CPer, let me know! I've been dreaming about growing
these plants since the 80s...

Fernando? Jan? Anyone?

Thanks in advance,
Matt