Don't panic Amy!

From: NEIL ARMSTRONG (n.armstrong@virgin.net)
Date: Tue May 18 1999 - 06:18:51 PDT

Date: Tue, 18 May 1999 14:18:51 +0100
From: "NEIL ARMSTRONG" <n.armstrong@virgin.net>
To: cp@opus.hpl.hp.com
Subject: Don't panic Amy!

Hi Amy!

I wouldn't worry about your sundew (D. Rotundifolia) and the amazing super
strength insect. Some insects, believe it or not, are strong enough to
escape
from sundews, some can frustratingly wander about with imunity and never get
caught, you will often find spiders are pretty nifty at avoiding the sticky
mucilage on a sundew aswell. I grow my D.Rotundifolia outside, it's a
British native so it's quite happy, and it catches plenty of small and
sometimes quite large flies. If a leaf isn't catching anything, take a
close look, has it still got mucilage (the sticky goo) on the tentacles? If
not, the leaf may be at the end of it's life and will die off, to be
replaced by a new one.
Good luck!

Cheers, Neil.
Norhumberland, England.