Re: tropical drosera (germination time)

From: Christer Berglund (christer.berglund@amiga.pp.se)
Date: Sat May 29 1999 - 14:23:06 PDT

Date: Sat, 29 May 1999 23:23:06 +0200
From: Christer Berglund <christer.berglund@amiga.pp.se>
To: cp@opus.hpl.hp.com
Subject: Re: tropical drosera (germination time)

> Er, "woolly Drosera"??? I like the name and some of those
> sure get rather woolly...

Hi Dave,

Oops, I ment woolly sundews (according to the Savage Garden book), but
they sure are beautiful plants.

Thanks,

--------------------------

> I soaked them in a superthrive/water solution for about 5 minutes and
> potted them up. Within a few days they were growing again.
>
> You could probably get away with the standard, pulling them out of the
> pot....and replanting them in another (I would however recommend the
> superthrive soak, it has helped me with many Drosera plants.

Hi Marc,

I don't think Superthrive is sold in Sweden, so I guess I have to do it
the standard way. Fortunately, I got high germination on the D.
ordensis, so I can afford some mistakes.

Thanks for the help,

--
Christer Berglund
E-mail: christer.berglund@amiga.pp.se