Re: cp nurseries, growing in southern u.k. and stuff!

From: Chris Teichreb (cjteichr@sfu.ca)
Date: Wed Jun 16 1999 - 14:13:16 PDT

Date: Wed, 16 Jun 1999 14:13:16 -0700 (PDT)
From: Chris Teichreb <cjteichr@sfu.ca>
To: cp@opus.hpl.hp.com
Subject: Re: cp nurseries, growing in southern u.k. and stuff!

Chris,

        This is meant as a gentle suggestion, so please do not take it the
wrong way, but you have posted this message, or ones similar to it,
numerous times to the list, and I distinctly remember people responding
publicly to your first two questions. Now I'm not one to criticize if you
lost those messages (my Genlisea posting proved I'm not immune to this),
but your repetitive messages are becoming just that, repetitive.

         I am now at the point that if I see a message coming from
yourself, I automatically delete it without reading. I'm sure others feel
the same way, but I will not speak for them. This means that you may be
potentially losing out on advice people may have for you, if you sent a
message different from the ones you have been posting. Also, we may be
losing out on information that you may have about growing experiences,
field trips, etc. We all know you're looking for a small greenhouse, cp
sites, Genlisea and Utrics for trade. We all know you have spider plants,
D.aliciae (U.K. only) for sale.

        I do not in any way wish to dampen your enthusiasm for cp's.
I felt much the same way when I started out, but was eventually
reminded by a long term cp'er to follow one of lifes rules, enjoy in
moderation!

        I have posted this to the general listserv so as to guage others
response by what I have posted. If I am scolded for doing this, or if a
large number of people say they are interested in all your postings, I
will be glad to retract my commentary and apologize for being an ogre :)!

Kind regards,

Chris

 On Wed, 16 Jun 1999, chris moody wrote:

> hi all again.
> apart from sarracenia nrseries, hampshire carnivores and marston exotics,
> are there any other nurseries in the south of england?
>
> next problem, does any one know of any cheap small greenhouses and stuff
> like them that are on the market now.
>
> finally,anyone know any good cp sites on the net?
>
> regards.
> chris.m.
> http://direct.at/carn
> zpyder@hotmail.com