D. regia wanted

From: Andrew Marshall (andrewm@olywa.net)
Date: Wed Jun 16 1999 - 18:08:28 PDT

Date: Wed, 16 Jun 1999 18:08:28 -0700
From: "Andrew Marshall" <andrewm@olywa.net>
To: cp@opus.hpl.hp.com
Subject: D. regia wanted

HI Amy,
    It has been my experiance that D, regia does not like shipping, but is
SO easy from seed that this has become my prefered method of killing them.
Seriously, you should seek out Allen Lowrie (contact me if you need the
address) as he has seed of it almost all the time. They need no special
treatment, and grow rapidly into nice 6" plants, all ready for transplanting
or what ever I end up doing that kills them off. You should have much
better luck with seed, really!
    Actually, don't let this make you think they are hard to grow. I have a
really nice one that is two years old now and is putting up leaves 12" long.
One of these days I will photograph it and post it to my website for all to
see.
    Best wishes and good luck
    Andrew