Sarr wilting

From: John Green (HPJGREEN@ihc.com)
Date: Mon Jun 21 1999 - 13:28:17 PDT

Date: Mon, 21 Jun 1999 14:28:17 -0600
From: "John Green" <HPJGREEN@ihc.com>
To: cp@opus.hpl.hp.com
Subject: Sarr wilting

I have a S. alata I recently purchased, and it doesn't look like it's
going to make it. At first it appeared to be coming out of dormancy,
but before any pitchers could really develop, the old leaves turned
brown and the new ones went soft and limp. I've unpotted it and
inspected the rhizome which is about an inch long and there doesn't
appear to be any insect damage and it's not rotten. Also, there are no
new leaves growing. Is there anything I can do to save it? Where it's
pretty small, would rhizome notching help? Also, would putting some
rooting powder on the rhizome help to encourage new roots?

John Green
Salt Lake City, Utah