Garden Centre fun!

From: NEIL ARMSTRONG (n.armstrong@virgin.net)
Date: Tue Jun 22 1999 - 08:32:54 PDT

Date: Tue, 22 Jun 1999 16:32:54 +0100
From: "NEIL ARMSTRONG" <n.armstrong@virgin.net>
To: cp@opus.hpl.hp.com
Subject: Garden Centre fun!

Hi all,

I thought I would tell you all of the exiting time I had last week at the
local Garden Centre. As an ardent conservationist when it comes to
rescuing poor defenseless CP's from those heartless plant prisons we call
garden centres, I was pleased to find a new batch of CP's on the check out
counter. On closer inspection I noticed some rather familliar but annoying
things.
S. Leucophylla was labelled as S. Stevensii, which I believe is an unused
synonym for S. Catesbaei! Also, there were two D. Adelae's labelled as D.
Aliciae.
Best of all though, was the "N. Hybride" as it was lablled, it looked on the
picture like N. Coccinea, It makes a huge difference if it's a highland or
lowland hybrid, that's presuming the picture is acurate.
The best thing though? well, that was the price, 3 pounds 50 pence each! for
a Nep! you can't go wrong at that price! (well, I can if I end up killing
them all, too hot? too cold? what to do!).
Cheers
            Neil,
Northumberland, England.