UKCPS Seed Bank

From: JWi5770869@aol.com
Date: Tue Jun 22 1999 - 11:18:28 PDT

Date: Tue, 22 Jun 1999 14:18:28 EDT
From: JWi5770869@aol.com
To: cp@opus.hpl.hp.com
Subject: UKCPS Seed Bank

Phil and All,

>So no wrath but perhaps a little appreciation?
Believe me I DO appreciate it (as my comments on my subscription form every
year will testify), but appreciation shouldn't blind the society to what I
would hope is constructive criticism.
There have been comments placed about the best ways to store seed.
Some individuals have been reported in the newsletters / magazines as
advocating storing seed with silica gel!
I'm not the most expert, but there would be great problems trying to geminate
seed that has desicated embryos and its this subject that my original posting
subject was about.

>If on the other hand you and any other members are offering to help with
the seed-bank I'm sure Paul would be happy for your help!

Any help that I can give I would be happy to do, if the distance factor can
be overcome.Please get Phil to email me.

All the best,
John Wilden
Southport
Lancs.