Re: Barley Straw?

From: Fernando Rivadavia Lopes (fe_rivadavia@hotmail.com)
Date: Wed Jun 23 1999 - 10:47:38 PDT

Date: Wed, 23 Jun 1999 10:47:38 PDT
From: Fernando Rivadavia Lopes <fe_rivadavia@hotmail.com>
To: cp@opus.hpl.hp.com
Subject: Re: Barley Straw?

To all,

       Thanks first of all to Chris T. for his fantastically detailed and
clear explanation on the effects of barley straw over algae. Answering Chris
F.'s questions, I think it may truly be good for Utrics, Aldrovanda and
maybe other CPs too. I remember in Japan seeing Aldrovanda cultivated in
tanks where they had placed bundles of rice straw, which (I believe) they
claimed turned the water tea-colored and acid while it decomposed (and I
guess kept the algae out too).

Best Wishes,

Fernando Rivadavia
Sao Paulo, Brazil