Re: Pygmy...

From: chris moody (zpyder@hotmail.com)
Date: Sat Jun 26 1999 - 02:26:40 PDT

Date: Sat, 26 Jun 1999 02:26:40 PDT
From: chris moody <zpyder@hotmail.com>
To: cp@opus.hpl.hp.com
Subject: Re: Pygmy...

>I have acquired couple pygmy sundews. I treat them the way I to the
>ptcher plants and other sundews. But they always seem to die out...
>how come?>Wilson:(

hi wilson
pygmy sundews, like a lot of other cp's, have different needs to the most
common cp's.
first, most of them grow in australia, so the soil is best kept moist-dry in
summer, and wet-moist in winter. secondly, high humidity is sometimes
needed. i have been growing pygmy sundews (which i grew from gemmae) in some
deep saucers in sankey unheated propagators, the soil has been kept wet to
dampish, and the lid has stayed on.

the best advice is not to let the soil get too wet or waterlogged!

regards.
chris.m.
http://direct.at/carn
zpyder@hotmail.com