Misc

From: James Tovee (106361.2125@compuserve.com)
Date: Sat Jun 26 1999 - 14:12:21 PDT

Date: Sat, 26 Jun 1999 17:12:21 -0400
From: James Tovee <106361.2125@compuserve.com>
To: cp@opus.hpl.hp.com
Subject: Misc

        Someone mentioned TC,d darlingtonia. About 9 years ago I
bought a VFT, sarracenia and a darlingtonia in 3 tubes. I had no
difficulty in growing them on. I also started to sow sarracenia
seed for the first time in mid summer. The germination was poor,
the plants were still very small to overwinter and their growth rate
was very poor. This made me experiment to increase germination and
growth. Many plants now will be large enough to flower in their
third year. As a result I now have no room for any other plants. I
have a problem with pinguiculas. I started with grandiflora and
moranensis.The grandiflora are kept outside all the year, they had
up to 8 flowers on a plant. The others were kept in a frost free
greenhouse. The moranensis use to look like a tray of lettuces, now
they are less than an inch across, just surviving.. In the begining
they grew very vigorously, for about 3/4 years. Then some of them
had leaves that became smooth and sometimes some undulation. I
believe it may be something at their roots, but I cant find
anything.