Sarracenia germination

From: david ahrens (nepenthesdave@hotmail.com)
Date: Sun Jun 27 1999 - 07:53:49 PDT

Date: Sun, 27 Jun 1999 07:53:49 PDT
From: david ahrens <nepenthesdave@hotmail.com>
To: cp@opus.hpl.hp.com
Subject: Sarracenia germination

At the risk of covering something said already, I offer a tip
which I got from friends in the States a few years ago.
Put the seed in a jam jar in an inch of water to which a drop
of washing-up liquid has been added. Rinse the seeds a few times
with fresh water, and then put them back into the jar with about
an inch of water. Put the jar in the fridge (not the freezer)for
about 30 or 40 days, and then sow them. You will get very good
and consistant germination this way.
David Ahrens
London