Drosera dichrosepala from Mt Manypeaks

From: Nigel Hurneyman (NHURNEYM@uk.oracle.com)
Date: Mon Jun 28 1999 - 07:52:50 PDT

Date: 28 Jun 99 15:52:50 +0100
From: "Nigel Hurneyman" <NHURNEYM@uk.oracle.com>
To: cp@opus.hpl.hp.com
Subject: Drosera dichrosepala from Mt Manypeaks

Last winter I unintentionally started colonies of D dichrosepala and
D dichrosepala 'robust form, Mt Manypeaks' at the same time, in the
same mix, and physically standing next to each other. At the
weekend I realised what I'd done - I can make a horticultural
comparison. The Mt Manypeaks plants are about 30% taller, have leaf
pads about double the area and have much redder glands, giving a
reddish appearance overall whereas the normal form is quite
greenish. Unfortunately I missed them flowering - the petals are
not evident on the closed-up flowers of the normal form but protrude
about twice the length of the sepals on the Mt Manypeaks form, but
this may be due to flowering at different times.

Regards, NigelH