Moving plants

From: chris (drosera@CAM.ORG)
Date: Fri Jul 02 1999 - 22:26:26 PDT

Date: Sat, 3 Jul 1999 01:26:26 -0400
From: "chris" <drosera@CAM.ORG>
To: cp@opus.hpl.hp.com
Subject: Moving plants

Hi all.

I am no plant biologist, but I heard that plants are supposed to
move in response to sunlight, right? I don't know if there are
other factors that make them move in that fashion (quick water
absorbtion when dehydrated?), but in any case I would like to take a
shot in the dark here and suggest that maybe it might simply be
happening because the plants are smaller. I have heard of VFT,
drosera, and seedlings moving, and I was wondering if the movement,
whatever the cause, might be being magnified, or apparently so,
because of their small size. Just a guess though.

Chris F.

[HTML file part2 deleted by listprocessor]