Problems with Ibicella lutea.

From: It's me again!!! (Tomasz Kowalski) (kowal@starogard.com)
Date: Mon Jul 05 1999 - 09:37:45 PDT

Date: Mon, 5 Jul 1999 18:37:45 +0200
From: "It's me again!!! (Tomasz Kowalski)" <kowal@starogard.com>
To: cp@opus.hpl.hp.com
Subject: Problems with Ibicella lutea.

Hello,

      I have one problem. I bought once some seeds of Ibicella lutea. I
soaked them in Gibberelic and they germinated well. 4 on 5 seeds germinated
but soon after their germination a part of their stems (very close to the
first leaves) shrunk and became dark. Of course they died.
      I did not remove the plastic cover from the pot. So it could not have
been caused because of the lower humidity. I did not treat them with
anything.
They did not germinate at the same time but the same "strange" thing
happened to all of them. I am going to buy some new seeds and I do not want
to lose them.

What did I do wrong?

Could anyone help me please?

Thank you in advance