RE: Cephalotus Monstrosity?

From: Brewer Charles E PHDN (brewerce@nswcphdn.navy.mil)
Date: Fri Jul 09 1999 - 12:58:41 PDT

Date: Fri, 9 Jul 1999 15:58:41 -0400
From: Brewer Charles E PHDN <brewerce@nswcphdn.navy.mil>
To: cp@opus.hpl.hp.com
Subject: RE: Cephalotus Monstrosity?

 This condition usually occurs with more adult plants and usually occurs
when the seasons are changing from winter to spring or fall to winter. I
grow and sell a lot of Cephalotuses and it is not unusual to see one or two
plants producing a few mutated leaf/traps. Actually I have seen these plant
produce four different types of leaf/pitchers. The normal flat leaf, a
regular pitcher, a leaf that looks like a leaf and a pitcher combined and a
thick leaf that has a spike growing out of the middle of it.
Charles Brewer
Va. Beach, Va.