very bad sarracenia problem

From: chris moody (zpyder@hotmail.com)
Date: Tue Jul 13 1999 - 03:11:27 PDT

Date: Tue, 13 Jul 1999 03:11:27 PDT
From: "chris moody" <zpyder@hotmail.com>
To: cp@opus.hpl.hp.com
Subject: very bad sarracenia problem

hi all.
one of my most'fresh' and healthy s. purpurea ssp.purpurea plants are going
'downhill'. can anyone help me?. the two newest leaves out were pretty big
and green. but the lid/lid(whatever it's called) started to wilt and go
soft, so i cut it off. over here in england there's real hot weather at the
moment, and not much rain, so could they be drying from the inside out? i've
been keeping the plants in direct sun outside, which i know is pretty bad,
but good weather in england's a rarity, now i've moved the plants in the
shade, but the heat might make the plants carry on degenerating! any help
would be much appreciated!

regards.
chris.m.
http://direct.at/carn