Changes to the CP listserv and CPDB

From: Rick Walker (walker@cutter.hpl.hp.com)
Date: Fri Jul 16 1999 - 19:11:12 PDT

Date: Fri, 16 Jul 1999 19:11:12 -0700
From: Rick Walker <walker@cutter.hpl.hp.com>
To: cp@opus.hpl.hp.com
Subject: Changes to the CP listserv and CPDB

As some of you may have read, HP is splitting up into two different
companies. Since both the CP database and the CP listserv are hosted on
HP machines, this split is likely to impact these two services.

At the least, the addresses will change. At the worst, we might
entirely lose our permission to host the listserv and the DB.

I'm looking into some ideas. In preparation for the split I'll back up
all of our data and archives onto a CDROM. I'll also be attempting to
get an alternative server in place before the May 1st, 2000 split. If
anyone is able to donate about 300 Meg free space (for the CP database
image bank) on a reliable UNIX/Linux box with good web connectivity,
then please let me know.

I'll keep everyone informed as changes occur.

Thanks,

--
Rick Walker