Hallide Light

From: Joe Harden (jharden@txdirect.net)
Date: Mon Jul 19 1999 - 15:14:47 PDT

Date: Mon, 19 Jul 1999 17:14:47 -0500
From: "Joe Harden" <jharden@txdirect.net>
To: cp@opus.hpl.hp.com
Subject: Hallide Light

    Well, I made up my mind today, and purchased a Metal Hallide Light, 250
watts. Several sources say that it can provide benefical light for plants at
a 3 foot depth and width (9 square feet), and the electrical cost for me is
14 cents a day. The bulb has an effectiveness for 2 years, thereafter the
benefical light area decreases... Diamond Light Systems at
www.diamondlights.com made the light, but they do not sell to individuals,
so I bought mine from a local store called Planet K; they specilize in hemp
goods, Dirty magazines, Body Tatooing & piercing, and other various
colorfull things.... I wonder if the sales clerk thinks I am weird for
growing carnivorous plants...But I think he is weird because he can't walk
through a metal detector at the airport without setting it off (if you know
what I mean...he displays their body peircing merchandise).
    Anyway, if you want to see the effectiveness of these lights, check out
my webpage www.mortellaro.com/joe and click on "My Collection" on the left,
then "Terrariums". There isn't a direct link because I just noticed I don't
have a link back to the front page...
The change is pretty much for the good.....I'll find out in a few months I
guess. If it's too bright, I guess I can buy a 175 watt bulb...but then the
effectiveness is less...

Joe Harden