re:D scorpioides dormancy & VFT Flower Photo

From: Christer Berglund (christer.berglund@amiga.pp.se)
Date: Sat Jul 24 1999 - 04:58:54 PDT

Date: Sat, 24 Jul 1999 13:58:54 +0200
From: Christer Berglund <christer.berglund@amiga.pp.se>
To: cp@opus.hpl.hp.com
Subject: re:D scorpioides dormancy & VFT Flower Photo

> Here in the UK my Drosera scorpioides never seem to go dormant,
> presumably because of some combination of inadequate day-length,
> light-levels and temperature. I think the plants suffer because of
> it and they tend to be short-lived - I don't think I have managed to
> keep any beyond 5 or 6 years, hitting their peak after about 3
> years. It also shows in their very erratic gemmae production,
> sometimes very late or not at all.

Hi Nigel,

Interesting information. I've read in Savage Garden that the author grew
a large form with white flowers, but it died away after two three
seasons. Do you know which variety you keep/kept, white flower, pink
flower, Gidgegannup form? Considering that your plant doesn't go dormant
I seems to be very vigorous form to survive 5-6 years. BTW, what
temperature do you keep your scorpioides in?

Many thanks,

--
Christer Berglund
E-mail: christer.berglund@amiga.pp.se