CP "in-the-wild" video trading

From: Chris Hind (chind@hotmail.com)
Date: Mon Jul 26 1999 - 00:43:33 PDT

Date: Mon, 26 Jul 1999 00:43:33 -0700
From: "Chris Hind" <chind@hotmail.com>
To: cp@opus.hpl.hp.com
Subject: CP "in-the-wild" video trading

Inspired by seeing Ed Read's video at the last LACPS meeting and the utter
frustration of being mere yards from seeing darlingtonia in the wild this
summer up in northern california yet missing it, I was considering putting
up a website to help organize trading between CP hobbyists of video footage
of CPs in the wild. Not everyone can travel everywhere to see CP living in
their native habitat. And although National Geographic can travel all over
they cant necessarily be there at the best times for lighting or flowering
compared to someone who's backyard is the native habitat. Also national
geographic would only report on it for perhaps 30seconds to 1 minute to keep
it within the general public's attention span. Would there be any demand for
this sort of service? I know of at least one friend who has s. purpurea
living across the street from his house in a bog and will likely videotape
it in the spring, its just currently inaccessible due to false bottoms in
the bog and too low of a waterlevel to canue over to it. I myself would be
interested in such a service, anyone else?