Re: VFT plantlet on flower stalk

From: Chris Hind (chind@hotmail.com)
Date: Tue Jul 27 1999 - 07:13:56 PDT

Date: Tue, 27 Jul 1999 07:13:56 -0700
From: "Chris Hind" <chind@hotmail.com>
To: cp@opus.hpl.hp.com
Subject: Re: VFT plantlet on flower stalk

> A few weeks back I commented on the plantlet growing on the end of one
> of my VFT's flower stalks... the thing now has multiple traps and a
> rudimentary root system. Do I hack it off and plant it or do I cut
> below it preserving some of the stalk and plant that? What will happen
> if I just leave it alone?
>
> Cheers,
> Paul

Does this guy have me on ignore or what? Leave it alone, you could get it to
branch and branch and branch, you could even try to trellis the thing and
see how far you can take it. The flower stalk will swell proportionately to
the weight of the plant. You can chop it up anyway you'd like when you feel
like it.