Treatment of VFT seedlings?

From: Walter Hafner (hafner@informatik.tu-muenchen.de)
Date: Thu Jul 29 1999 - 23:55:53 PDT

Date: 	Fri, 30 Jul 1999 08:55:53 +0200 (METDST)
From: Walter Hafner <hafner@informatik.tu-muenchen.de>
To: cp@opus.hpl.hp.com
Subject: Treatment of VFT seedlings?

Hi,

short question from a long-time-lurker:

Currently I got about 25 VFT seedlings in a 10 cm pot. Each with about 3
leaves. The plants are about 0.3 cm in diameter. They grow in pure peat.

When is the right time to separate them? They seem awfully small to me,
but I don't think, autumn is a good time for repotting. I don't have
artificial growing lights ...

All hints concerning my seedlings are welcome!

Ah, and BTW: I don't cut off flower stems from my VFTs and they seem to
stand it very well: My 5-6 plants, planted in 2 pots with pure peat
produce about 10 flower stems each year. However, last year was the
first time I pollinated them and let them produce seeds. And that brings
me back to above question. :-)

Thanks,

-Walter

--
Dr. Walter Hafner                         Tel: 089/289-28187
WWW-Beauftragter, TU Muenchen           Email: hafner@in.tum.de