Thripes on Sarracenia !

From: Sylvia De Rooy (red1@humboldt1.com)
Date: Wed Aug 04 1999 - 09:43:19 PDT

Date: Wed, 4 Aug 99 09:43:19 -0700
From: Sylvia De Rooy <red1@humboldt1.com>
To: cp@opus.hpl.hp.com
Subject: Thripes on Sarracenia !

At the greenhouse at Humboldt State they use no pesticides. There are
thrips on the sarrs and there are also wasps that are thrip parasites.
They lay their eggs in a thrip. It isn't always pretty but it works in a
fine natural balance. We are addicted to quick fixes and the nonsense of
the fifties "better living through chemistry". There is ever increasing
evidence that pesticides are very harmful to all living things. They are
linked to lymphomas and much more. I have long been puzzled that this
list is so protective of cp's in the wild but often seems out of touch
with a larger picture.
Sylvia De Rooy