Re: Thrips on Sarracenia ! Get real and play nice

From: Michael Hunt (mph101@surfree.com)
Date: Wed Aug 04 1999 - 13:28:39 PDT

Date: Wed, 4 Aug 1999 16:28:39 -0400
From: "Michael Hunt" <mph101@surfree.com>
To: cp@opus.hpl.hp.com
Subject: Re: Thrips on Sarracenia !  Get real and play nice

I'm certainly not thrilled about using pesticides, and may try other
solutions before using them. But most don't ever eliminate the pest problem
as well as pesticides. At the risk of losing expensive hard to get species I
will not hesitate to use them in the safest manner known currently. Just
like I won't hesitate to use "chemical's" in medicine to recover from a
illness or maintain better health.
I think you are being rather harsh with your statements. Sylvia just look at
what chemical use is doing in tissue culture. I would hope you will not
purchase any such plants !! They may harm you years down the road.
But one thing is certain, without pesticide use the population of the planet
would be much less. There simply would be no way to produce enough food for
the billions on the planet.
~Mike